Teaching Jobs in the UK
Teaching jobs in the UK range from early years and primary education to secondary and further education. Schools in the UK vary greatly, with a number of fee-paying or public schools, state-run primary schools, high schools, academies and grammar schools. Whatever your specialism, Master Class Education will help you to source your ideal role.
We use our expertise in education and recruitment to help you find overseas trained teacher jobs in the london UK. We’ll match you to the role that best suits your qualifications and ambitions, and which brings both challenges and the exceptional job satisfaction of knowing that you are helping young people to fulfil their potential.
Teaching jobs in the UK generally pay a higher salary than most European countries and UK schools also enjoy long summer holidays and regular breaks during term time. You’ll receive regular training and with the right level of commitment, you’ll find excellent opportunities for career progression with head teachers and exceptional teachers receiving generous remuneration.
It’s not just the schools that are vibrant and exciting. The UK is a hugely diverse country, but you’ll always find amazing attractions, friendly people and plenty of great activities for your time outside the classroom.
Visas and eligibility to work in the UK
Eligibility to work as a teacher in the UK depends on which part of the world you hail from and your personal circumstances. If you’re from certain countries, including Canada, Australia and New Zealand and between the ages of 18 and 30, you can enter the UK on a Youth Mobility Scheme visa, which allows you to work in different schools across the UK for up to two years.
If you’re an EU citizen with an EU passport, there are no restrictions on you entering the UK. Should you fall outside these two areas, you will have to apply for a work permit, unless you qualify for ancestral residency in the UK. For more information, please click here.
What can Master Class Education offer?
• Excellent rates of pay compliant with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations) – paid weekly with expenses included
• Fantastic retention bonuses including flights around Europe, return flights home and cash incentives
• A dedicated point of contact to support you through the process
• Collection from the airport upon arrival to the UK and drop off to your temporary accommodation
• A mobile phone including a pay as you go SIM with £10 top up
• Oyster card with £5 pre-loaded
• Support opening a bank account
• Assistance sourcing permanent accommodation
• Assistance applying for a National Insurance number
• A DBS check
• Regular social events allowing you to meet both consultants and other teachers in the area
• A 1 day induction helping to familiarise you with the expectations for teaching in the UK
• Continuing professional development
If you’re interested in kick-starting your journey to find teaching jobs in the UK today, get in touch with Master Class Education. We can help you find accommodation and provide vital information designed to aid you in acclimatising to your new surroundings. For information about relocation click here