SCHOOL BURSAR NEEDED – Hillingdon
Masterclass Education is currently looking to recruit a Bursar to begin work in thriving Primary school from December 2018.
The contract is 25 hours per week, Term-time Only + 5 Training Days (39 weeks) + 3 days for year end.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Supporting Leadership and Management Team, offering financial and personnel support and advice as required.
- Improve and develop financial statements, forecasts and best value procedures.
- Attendance at Finance & Personnel Committee Meetings as and when required – these may include evening meetings
- To be responsible for the effective management of financial administration procedures, including responsibility for compliance with financial regulations. To prepare regular SIMS financial and accounting reports as required by the Headteacher and the Governing Body.
- Monitoring the weekly / monthly expenditure and advising the Headteacher / Finance Committee of possible under / over spending whilst providing options for varying expenditure.
- Manage the ordering of supplies and equipment for the school
- Preparation and maintenance of such reports, records and accounts as are required in conjunction with the School’s FMS / SIMS system.
- Ensuring the proper collection, reconciliation and banking of any monies received by the School
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations on FMS
- Ensuring all expenditure is correctly coded to ensure maximum use of all budgets and grants
- Managing procurement (depending on spend, working with Strategic Finance & Resource Manager)
- To maintaining an assets register and inventory ensuring staff assigned to marking items and recording the information on FMS is being completed
- To receive, administer and be responsible for safe keeping of all monies e.g. charities, book fairs, school journeys, sales etc.
- To maintain staff information, contracts and records relating to pay and conditions of service.
- To ensure year end deadlines are met
- To ensure Teacher pension return is completed by stated deadline
PERSONNEL AND STAFFING
- Checking overtime/extra hours for support staff against payroll
- Checking absence for all staff against payroll
- Check Starters and leavers in SIMS & FMS against payroll information
- Ensure all information is entered on the system and is correct and reflects in FMS and FPS.net
- To raise sickness/absence insurance claims for staff absent for longer than 5 days, ensuring Headteacher signs prior to sending off to Personnel
- Check and update SIMS personnel database.
- To liaise with the Headteacher on personnel issues.
- Ensure all staff details are reflected accurately in SIMS/FMS
- Validate SIMS data against Payroll reports periodically.
- To be responsible for the effective operation of payroll systems
- Liaising with external Payroll provider on all personnel/salary matters
- Check monthly timesheets, absence reports, car allowance claims to external Payroll provider
- Reconcile monthly staff salaries with data provided by external Payroll provider and detail any anomalies with salary commitments for HT authorisation
- Be the first point of contact for all staff regarding payroll queries and liaise with external Payroll provider
- Process and check monthly cash book journals with regard to Payroll payments (eg. HRMC, LGP, etc.)
- To ensure all SMART forms are reflected within the FMS/ACSS system
- Validate the future commitments in FMS with regards to payroll
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work aims of the School.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies / professionals
- Attend and participate in regular meetings
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Does this Primary Support Staff role sound like it would suit you? If so, then please apply here, or call 0203 735 2328 to speak to our Primary Team.
Know a Primary/EYFS Teacher looking for work in West London? Refer them onto us and you can receive a £250 referral bonus