Masterclass Education is recruiting a motivated KS2 teacher to take on a Year 6 class in Haringey, North London. This is a full-time classroom teaching position that starts in September 2018 and will be for the academic year.
Firstly Candidates will have
- UK QTS
- Confidence within their knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
- An engaging teaching style
- High standards of teaching and learning
Secondly About the Role
- Year 6 class
- September 2018 start
- UK based experience is preferred although not essential
- Contracted till the end of the academic year, with the potential to be offered a permanent position
- Salary range from M2 to UPS3
Thirdly About the School
- The school is much larger than the average-sized primary school.
- Nearly all the pupils are from minority ethnic groups.
- More than three quarters of the pupils speak English as an additional language.
- The proportion of pupils eligible for the additional funding provided for children in the care of the local authority, from service families, and those children known to be eligible for free school meals (the pupil premium) is well above average. There are four children who are looked after by the local authority and no pupils are from service families.
- The proportions of disabled pupils and pupils who have special educational needs supported through school action are above average.
- Proportions of pupils supported at school action plus, or who have a statement of special educational needs, are also above average.
- The school meets the government’s current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress.
- The school has a specialist resource unit for 18 autistic pupils whose age range is similar to that of the other pupils.
Lastly The successful Primary Teacher will have
- Hold a PGCE, Bachelor or Education or a qualification recognised as equivalent within the UK.
- Good understanding of the UK national curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Passport or Visa)
- Recent classroom based references
- Hold a valid DBS (Overseas police check if necessary)
Does this role sound of interest to you?
Please email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org with your subject heading being the role you’re interested in as well as where you reside. For example, KS2 Teacher / Waltham Forest.
All candidates registering with Masterclass Education will need to obtain an Enhanced DBS if they don’t currently have one on the update service. We will also require any police checks from other countries if you have been there over a certain period of time.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for our roles, we may not be able to contact you immediately but will contact you as soon as we can.