Masterclass Education is recruiting motivated KS1 teacher to take on a Year 2 class in Ilford, East London. This is a full-time classroom teaching position that starts September 2018 and will be for the remainder of the year.
Firstly Candidates will have
- UK QTS
- Confidence within their knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
- An encouraging and active teaching style
- High standards of teaching and learning
Secondly About the Role
- Year 2 class
- September 2018
- UK based experience is preferred although not essential
- Contracted till the end of the academic year, with the potential to be offered a permanent position
- Salary range from M2 to UPS3
Thirdly About the School
- This is an average-sized infant school.
- A very high proportion of pupils speak English as an additional language, some of whom are at the early stages of learning English.
- An above-average proportion of pupils are eligible for the pupil premium, which provides additional funding for children in the care of the local authority and for pupils known to be eligible for free school meals.
- The proportion of pupils with special educational needs identified at school action, school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is lower than in most schools.
- The majority of pupils are of Pakistani heritage, with those of Indian and other Asian heritage making up the next largest groups.
- The school has the Primary Quality Mark for basic skills, awarded for the third time, May 2011 and Inclusion Quality Mark awarded, July 2012.
Lastly The successful Primary Teachers will have
- Hold a PGCE, Bachelor or Education or a qualification recognised as equivalent within the UK.
- Good understanding of the UK national curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Passport or Visa)
- Recent classroom based references
- Hold a valid DBS (Overseas police check if necessary)
Does this role sound of interest to you?
Please email your CV through to Chloe@mcegroup.co.uk with your subject heading being the role you’re interested in as well as where you reside. For example, KS1 Teacher / Brent.
All candidates registering with Masterclass Education will need to obtain an Enhanced DBS if they don’t currently have one on the update service. We will also require any police checks from other countries if you have been there over a certain period of time.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for our roles, we may not be able to contact you immediately but will contact you as soon as we can.