Masterclass Education is recruiting a motivated KS1 teacher to take on a Year 1 class in Hackney, Inner London This is a full-time classroom teaching position that starts in September 2018 and will be for the academic year.
Candidates will have
- UK QTS
- Confidence within their knowledge of the KS1 curriculum
- An engaging teaching style
- High standards of teaching and learning
About the Role
- Year 1 class
- September 2018 start
- UK based experience is preferred although not essential
- Contracted till the end of the academic year, with the potential to be offered a permanent position
- Salary range from M2 to UPS3
About the School
- This School is a larger-than-average-sized primary school.
- The majority of pupils are from Black African, other White and other Black backgrounds.
- The proportions of pupils from minority ethnic groups and those who speak English as an additional language are much higher than national average.
- A proportion of pupils eligible for the pupil premium is higher than average.
- A proportion of disabled pupils and those with special educational needs supported at school action is above the national average. The proportion of pupils at school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is also above average.
- The school meets the government’s current floor standard, which sets the minimum expectation for pupils’ attainment and progress.
- Since the previous inspection there have been significant staffing changes. At the time of the inspection there were two newly qualified teachers.
- The school runs a breakfast club and after-school extended activities.
The successful Primary Teacher will have
- Hold a PGCE, Bachelor or Education or a qualification recognised as equivalent within the UK.
- Good understanding of the UK national curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Passport or Visa)
- Recent classroom based references
- Hold a valid DBS (Overseas police check if necessary)
Does this role sound of interest to you?
Please email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org with your subject heading being the role you’re interested in as well as where you reside. For example, KS2 Teacher / Waltham Forest.
All candidates registering with Masterclass Education will need to obtain an Enhanced DBS if they don’t currently have one on the update service. We will also require any police checks from other countries if you have been there over a certain period of time.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for our roles, we may not be able to contact you immediately but will contact you as soon as we can.