Masterclass Education is recruiting motivated KS1 teacher to take on a Year 2 class in Camden, North West London. This is a full-time classroom teaching position that starts in September 2018 and will be for the remainder of the year. If all goes well after this initial year, then it’s highly likely that the position will become permanent.
Firstly Candidates will have
- UK QTS
- Confidence within their knowledge of the KS1 curriculum
- An encouraging and active teaching style
- High standards of teaching and learning
Secondly About the KS1 Role
- Year 2 class
- September 2018 start
- UK based experience is preferred although not essential
- Contracted till the end of the academic year, with the potential to be offered a permanent position
- Salary range from M2 to UPS3
Thirdly About the School
- This is a larger than average-sized primary school which serves a very mixed and culturally diverse population.
- Children start school at the beginning of both the Nursery and Reception Years. This is because there is only one Nursery class but two Reception classes.
- The proportion of pupils from minority ethnic backgrounds is well above average. The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language is above average.
- A proportion of pupils supported by the pupil premium is above that found in most schools.
- The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs supported through school action is broadly average. The proportion of pupils supported at school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is broadly average.
- This school meets the government’s current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress.
- The school provides a breakfast club, which is managed by the governing body. After-school care is managed by a separate agency and, therefore, inspected separately.
Lastly The successful Primary Teacher will have
- Hold a PGCE, Bachelor or Education or a qualification recognised as equivalent within the UK.
- Good understanding of the UK national curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Passport or Visa)
- Recent classroom based references
- Hold a valid DBS (Overseas police check if necessary)
Does this role sound of interest to you?
Please email your CV through to Chloe@mcegroup.co.uk with your subject heading being the role you’re interested in as well as where you reside. For example, KS1 Teacher / Brent.
All candidates registering with Masterclass Education will need to obtain an Enhanced DBS if they don’t currently have one on the update service. We will also require any police checks from other countries if you have been there over a certain period of time.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for our roles, we may not be able to contact you immediately but will contact you as soon as we can.