Masterclass Education is seeking Graduate Teaching Assistants specialising in Math’s, who wish to build on their experience in Education before applying to complete teacher training. We are working with a number of schools across North London who are already identifying gaps in their departments for September 2018. They are keen to nurture and prepare graduates for a career in the teaching profession.
About the school:
- State of the art facilities and well-resourced Math’s department with a great reputation across the school.
- The school has a great reputation within the local area and creates strong links between Education and the local community
- Experienced school who are equipped with the right knowledge and experience to support graduate teaching assistants
- This school have supported a number of newly qualified teachers over the years
- Fantastic opportunity to begin your teaching career following a broad and balanced, vibrant curriculum
About the successful English Graduate Teaching Assistant
- You will have a passion for your subject choice and wish to inspire and motivate students to learn
- As a recent graduate you must have a minimum of 2:2 in your degree subject
- A determination to learn new skills to better equip yourself for future teacher training
- The ability to adapt your knowledge to the classroom setting and support all students regardless of their abilities
- Be willing to support the class teacher as well as working independently or in small groups delivering intervention based work
- Utilise the expertise knowledge and support you are receiving from senior leaders and colleagues in order to develop your own teaching style before your PGCE
About the Graduate Teaching Assistant Role
- Be responsible for supporting the learning and improving student attainment across subject lessons
- Support learning activities and teacher by ensuring pupils stay on task and are focused throughout lessons
- Work with students on a one-to-one basis and in small intervention groups, you may also be required to lead booster sessions during exam preparations specifically with GCSE and A Level classes
- Assist the class teacher with preparing lessons and learning resources
- In addition to supporting learning, you are likely to support the behaviour management in line with school policies
If you are an aspiring teacher and wish to discuss graduate job opportunities for the new academic year, within other subject areas please do not hesitate to contact us on 0203 735 5075.