Masterclass Education is recruiting an experienced English teacher to work with KS3 and KS4 students Ashford, Kent. This is a full-time classroom teaching position that starts in February 19th 2018 and will be on a long-term maternity contract.
The successful English Teacher will have
- UK QTS (or equivalent)
- Confidence within their knowledge of GCSE curriculum
- Confident with utilizing IT within planning o lessons
- A creative and engaging teaching style
- High standards of teaching and learning
- The ability to reach all children regardless of ability
About the Role
- English Teacher
- Confident with GCSE due to heavy KS4 timetable
- Mid-February 2018 –maternity contract
- Rather UK trained but not essential
- Daily rate on the Main Pay Scale
About the School
- The school is an average sized secondary school with around 1,100 pupils (boys and girls)
- A strong culture for learning, furthermore staff feel supported by leaders and CPD’s readily available
- Another quality includes high quality pastoral care of its students
- In addition to a strong Head Teacher, the governors play an active role in the school
- Good progress is made across core subjects, furthermore English has achieved very well.
- Extra curricular is of high importance and as a result students enjoy coming to school
The successful English teacher will hold
- Hold a PGCE, Bachelor or Education or a qualification recognised as equivalent within the UK.
- Good understanding of the UK national curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Passport or Visa)
- Recent classroom based references
- Hold a valid DBS (Overseas police check if necessary)
Due to the high number of applications we receive for our roles, we may not be able to contact you immediately but will contact you as soon as we can.